Crisis Response Company (CRC) was awarded Contract Number N00178-15-D-8154 under the SEAPORT-e FY14 Rolling Admissions. We are an experienced and proven provider of professional support services and perform these services within the Continental United States, and in some of the highest-risk locations around the globe. We have experience hiring new workforces, and mobilizing and managing incumbent workforces; and over the past 3 years we have maintained a 98% employee retention rate. We use standardized processes for planning, execution, and control which is essential to delivering consistent quality services on time and within cost. Our performance on all of our contracts has been exceptional and demonstrates that we are a dedicated partner capable of providing SEAPORT-e users with responsive professional support services.
CRC is a Veterans Affairs-certified, Center for Veterans Enterprise, Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with a SECRET facility clearance level; Cage Code 6HX39. Headquartered in Keller, Texas, we are able to provide services in Zone 4, Gulf Coast. Our experience supporting SEAPORT-e functional areas includes:
- SOW Area 3.16: Logistics Support. CRC has multiple logistics-related contracts that involve hiring resources and acquiring items necessary to provide turnkey support to new projects during phase-in. This includes developing supply chains for sensitive items that are ITAR controlled, and long-lead specialty items that require make or buy analysis to ensure the most cost effective solution.
- SOW Area 3.17: Supply and Provisioning. CRC has multiple contracts to provide Supply and Provisioning Support in Africa. As part of our turn-key solutions, we procure supplies on the local markets; and build bases and maintenance facilities to accommodate personnel and aviation assets. We focus on the majority of classes of supply; material, fuel, communications, lodging, feeding, maintenance support, and transportation of personnel and equipment, across multiple locations and countries.
- SOW Area 3.18: Training Support. We provide curriculum development and offer courses that are pre-designed to meet our clients’ operational needs. Our training includes conferences, individual planned training sessions, ad-hoc courses, and embedded mentorship. We also provide new equipment training and tactical operator training focused on cultural and operational realities.
- SOW Area 3.20: Program Support. We provide program support experts who assist with analyzing and preparing statements of work and independent Government cost estimates. They are the classified and unclassified points of contact for technical and security matters, and are subject matter experts on Ministries of Defense, foreign militaries, capacity building, and policy goals and objectives.
- SOW Area 3.21: Functional and Administrative Support. We provide administrative support for data analysis, reporting, information management, planning, and conference facilitation. Resources include competitive analysis, graphics artists, writers, editors, administrative specialists, financial experts and other subject matter experts.
The CRC team stands ready to provide SEAPORT-e users with professional support services.